Precious metals IRAs are another way to invest your money. They allow you to diversify into an area that holds historical value and continues to climb quickly, even during times of economic downturns. This type of account is growing rapidly, with more and more people opting for this investment vehicle. So, learn why precious metals are taking over.
Five Benefits of Investing in Precious Metals:
- Appreciation – Precious metals tend to appreciate over time. Some of the best performing assets are precious metal related, including Gold, silver, platinum, or palladium.
If you compare Gold to the U.S dollar, it has increased in value by 400%. If you invested $100 into Gold, that investment would now be worth over $400, if not more! This is just one example of how much precious metals can appreciate. Silver provides even greater returns than this, with an increase of 1800% within ten years.
- Liquidity – For you to be able to sell your assets quickly, liquidity is essential. If it takes weeks or months for you to get rid of an asset, that does not work in this case! You need the ability to liquidate when necessary and precious metals provide this type of flexibility.
You can liquidate precious metal pieces quickly by selling them to a dealer. There are also bars and coins you can sell when the need arises.
- Diversification – There are many different types of precious metals, including Gold, silver, and platinum. You can buy pieces or bars to diversify your portfolio even more!
As you invest in new assets, you must be diverse within your investment accounts, just as you would with individual stocks. This way, if something happens on the stock market, one company does not affect your entire portfolio.
- Insurance – When you purchase precious metals, they are stored in vaults that provide insurance. You never have to worry about your assets being stolen or damaged because of these facilities’ security measures.
- Tax Advantages – Lastly, precious metals provide tax advantages that you do not get with other types of investments. This is because they are held for at least a year before being sold, and the funds from this sale are taxed.
In conclusion, there are many benefits that you can get from a precious metals IRA. However, it is essential to research your options and determine what type of account works best for you before making any decisions.