Pneumatic conveyor mainly help in moving the fine as well as dry material with the help of pressure difference. This also causes the flow of gas, which is mainly compressed air or nitrogen. When some of the material gets totally enclosed within the tubes or pipes, the differences in pressures on either side mainly cause the flow of the product.
Top facts to know about the working of pneumatic conveyor
The working principle of a pneumatic conveyor is mainly based on the fact some of the bulk goods can be moved with the help of air passing through the pipelines. The flowing air inside the conveyor mainly exerts a propulsion force on the bulk material and thus transports it through the conveying line. The pneumatic conveying primarily needs the pressure difference between the start positions as well as the end of the pipeline.
Some of the popular items for which pneumatic conveying is needed are:
- The soy flour
- Wheat flour
- The cement powder
- Carbon black
- The fine coal
- The powdered form of metal
- The granular materials
- The pelletized materials
Benefits to know about the pneumatic conveying
Some of the benefits of using pneumatic conveying has been discussed below.
- One of the best advantages of this machine is that ease of routing. One can be able to route the system just the way someone likes it. These systems can run horizontally as well as vertically. This also can cover long distances and is very easy to design around the existing equipment. That also provides the user with the needed flexibility.
- The pneumatic systems are very easy to adapt. They also don’t require much floor space. They are mainly easy to locate.
- The pneumatic conveying machines are lightweight. These machines don’t require a lot of structural support. That mainly saves space and money. This also helps in removing a number of different construction challenges.
- This is mainly safe for use.
- The pneumatic systems have some of the main parts. Each of these parts can be repaired independently from the rest of the system. That implies the quick maintenance and also the downtime is less as well.
Different types of pneumatic systems to know about
There are mainly two different types of pneumatic conveyor systems. Such as:
- The first type is mainly the dilute phase system, which either can be pressure or else vacuum fed. These systems normally use high velocities to liquify the product in the air/gas stream. This mainly uses the higher ratio of air to the product.
- The dense phase conveying is mainly used for some sheer sensitive products. These systems are mainly designed to operate at very low velocities to reduce product breakage and swing.