Repair and connect circuit boards easily with ball bonding
Ball bonding is a type of wire bonding. The method consists of making interconnections between an integrated circuit or other semiconductor device and its packaging during semiconductor device fabrication, similar to that of wire bonding. It can be used to connect an IC to other electronics or to connect from one printed circuit board to another.
Advantages of ball bonding: –
- It connects highly complex circuits at chip-level with printed circuit boards.
- The sensor solutions are only realizable by a ball bond application.
- It saves space compared to packaged chips.
- It is highly reliable.
- You can simply test the connection.
- It reduces production costs.
- It gets processed under low temperature.
- Connections are repaired easily with these types of bonds.
- One can easily control and handle complex circuits with these mechanisms.
Working of ball bonding: –
Piezoelectric transducers are used to provide ultrasonic energy in the ball bonding process. These transducers are known as bolt-clamped transducers. They consist of metal components and piezoelectric elements, all held together by a bolt. These transducers operate at their resonant frequency of lateral vibration to introduce lateral ultrasonic excitation to the capillary.
You can easily join and repair complex boards with ball bonding. It also helps you save a lot of time and resources.